Bills DE Williams donates truck to veterans
Williams had his 2009 Ford F-250 delivered to Sgt. Justin Hunter and his wife Staff Sgt. Cherie Hunter of Jacksonville, N.C., last weekend. The two were chosen from a list provided by North Carolina-based Purple Heart Homes.
The Jacksonville Daily News first reported the donation on Monday.
Williams is from Richlands, N.C., and signed a six-year, $100 million contract with Buffalo in March. He decided to give one of his vehicles away as a chance to help. He was taken aback by the Hunter's story.
Cherie Hunter's vehicle recently broke down while making her regular 140-mile drive to attend culinary classes in Durham, N.C.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texans RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey Buffalo Bills Mario Williams #94