Cowboys' Brent indicted in crash killing teammate
Brent is charged in connection with a Dec. 8 crash that killed his friend and Cowboys practice squad member Jerry Brown. He is out of jail on $100,000 bond.
Dallas County District Attorney's Office spokeswoman Debbie Denmon says the indictment was returned Wednesday.
Police in the Dallas suburb of Irving say Brent was speeding when his vehicle struck a curb and flipped. Brown was pronounced dead at an area hospital.
Intoxication manslaughter carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison. Brent could be eligible for probation.
Denmon says no court dates have been scheduled.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Charles, Chiefs agree on extension
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Suggs wants Flacco to be more vocal leader
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Away Game Jersey Dallas Cowboys Jason Witten #82