Chiefs missing Charles, 2 others due to illness
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- An illness running through the Kansas City Chiefs the past few weeks kept running back Jamaal Charles, linebacker Tamba Hali and left tackle Donald Stephenson out of practice Wednesday.
Coach Romeo Crennel said that Hali and Stephenson were sent home soon after arriving at the team's practice facility. Charles was sent home a short time later.
Last week, wide receivers Jon Baldwin and Josh Bellamy, defensive backs Brandon Flowers and Neiko Thorpe and defensive tackle Jerrell Powe missed time due to illness. Safety Eric Berry and guard Jeff Allen have also been sick recently.
The Chiefs (2-13) finish their season Sunday at Denver.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Colts owner Irsay faces four felony counts
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Saints bring back RT Strief on five-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Boys' Home Game Jersey Kansas City Chiefs Jamaal Charles #25