Chiefs put WR Copper on IR, elevate WR Hemingway
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Chiefs have put wide receiver Terrance Copper on injured reserve and elevated wide receiver Junior Hemingway from the practice squad for their game Sunday at Denver.
Copper hurt his knee last Sunday in a loss to the Indianapolis Colts. He has primarily played on special teams this season, though he does have eight catches for 79 yards.
Hemingway was the second of the Chiefs' two seventh-round draft picks in April. The former Michigan standout has been on the practice squad all season.
The Chiefs are 2-13 heading into their season finale against the Broncos.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis Indianapolis Colts 24 oz Polka Dot Tumbler