AP Pro32 ballot from Brown
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clifton Brown of Sporting News:
CLIFTON BROWN (Sporting News)
1. New England Patriots -- If they have to win in Denver to reach Super Bowl, Patriots can.
2. Denver Broncos -- They are the No. 1 seed, and no AFC team has more momentum.
3. Seattle Seahawks -- The best wild card team, but reaching Super Bowl will still be difficult.
4. San Francisco 49ers -- Came very close last season, and this could be their year.
5. Green Bay Packers -- Playing at Lambeau will help them in a rematch against Vikings.
6. Atlanta Falcons -- In one week, it will be put-up or shut up time for Falcons in playoffs.
7. Cincinnati Bengals -- Better equipped than last year to win playoff game in Houston.
8. Washington Redskins -- Gimpy knee and all, RG3 is the key to how far Redskins go.
10. Houston Texans -- They are stumbling into the playoffs, and which is rarely a good sign.
11. New York Giants -- Better than some playoff teams, but paid for inconsistency.
13. Indianapolis Colts -- Inspiring season continues into playoffs, with Chuck Pagano back.
14. Chicago Bears -- Ten wins did not save their season, or Lovie Smith's job.
15. St. Louis Rams -- Jeff Fisher made a huge difference. Could be a playoff team in 2013.
16. New Orleans Saints -- With Sean Payton back, Saints could easily return to playoff form.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Need to get younger, and offensive line needs to get better.
22. Cleveland Browns -- The right GM-coach combination could flourish. Young talent is there.
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Greg Schiano will likely cut ties with more players that don't buy in.
24. Buffalo Bills -- They need a new coach and a new quarterback -- rarely a good thing.
25. Detroit Lions -- The bottom fell out this season. Jim Schwartz's seat will be hot.
27. Oakland Raiders -- Going to be a slow process, but keeping Dennis Allen was right move.
28. Arizona Cardinals -- Solving the quarterback issues will be priority No. 1 for the new coach.
29. Philadelphia Eagles -- Few expected Andy Reid's last season to be so bad.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars -- The new general manager will have plenty of work to do.
32. Kansas City Chiefs -- Another team that needs a quarterback before it can contend.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: UM execs in town to meet Harbaugh
- Browns suspend WR Gordon for season finale
- Sources: Ryan expects to be fired by Jets
- On the house: Bar offers free tab if Lions win