AP Pro32 ballot from Judge
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clark Judge of CBSSports.com:
CLARK JUDGE (CBSSports.com)
2. New England Patriots -- Get ready for another Tom Brady-Peyton Manning showdown, and the Pats will take their chances. Brady is 16-6 in the playoffs and holds a 9-4 edge over Manning in head-to-head play.
6. Green Bay Packers -- Good news: The Packers draw Minnesota for the second time in a week, and they get them at Lambeau Field where they beat the Vikings earlier this year and where won their 17 of their last 19, including the playoffs. Bad news: They're 2-4 in their last six playoff games at home.
7. Washington Redskins -- RG3 has done the improbable by putting Washington into the playoffs. Now we get to see if can beat the odds again by solving Seattle on one leg.
8. Houston Texans -- Houston, we have a problem, and it's called gravity. The Texans are hurtling back to earth faster than Apollo 13.
9. Minnesota Vikings -- Now starring in the Miracle Worker, Part II: Adrian Peterson and Leslie Frazier.
10. Baltimore Ravens -- The Colts are coming! The Colts are coming! I'm not sure where the worst battles will be here -- on the field or in the parking lots.
12. Cincinnati Bengals -- Yes, the Bengals draw a descending Houston club in the playoffs, but Cincinnati fans should be concerned ... and here's why: They haven't won a playoff game under Marvin Lewis. Period.
13. Chicago Bears -- There's a reason they no longer call this place Second City. That's what happens when Minnesota beats you to the playoffs.
14. New York Giants -- On behalf of the Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49ers, I'd like to say, thank you, New York for skipping the playoffs.
17. St. Louis Rams -- Look out for the Rams for many years to come. Jeff Fisher did a terrific job establishing a base from which the Rams should launch a playoff bid in 2013.
18. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- It's hard to figure out these guys. Just when they seem like they're a playoff contender, they flop. And just when you want to send Greg Schiano back to college they bury Atlanta.
21. New Orleans Saints -- With Sean Payton back, expect the Saints to return to the NFC hierarchy. Both have something to prove in 2013.
22. Miami Dolphins -- The Dolphins have cap room, a quarterback they believe in and a second-place finish. Consider that a start.
23. Buffalo Bills -- What comes first: Buffalo in the playoffs or a balanced budget?
24. Cleveland Browns -- On behalf of the real-estate industry in Cleveland, let me say, "Thank you for the Browns."
27. Arizona Cardinals -- Forget a new coach and GM. These guys need quarterbacks and tackles to apply for next season.
28. Detroit Lions -- The Lions were 0-8 the second half of the season and 9-19, including the playoffs, since starting 5-0 last season. Ford better have a better idea to fix this thing.
29. Philadelphia Eagles -- Once upon a time, Leslie Frazier said Eagles' fans wouldn't appreciate Andy Reid until he's gone. Guess it's time to stage Andy Reid Appreciation Day.
30. Oakland Raiders -- Just lose, baby.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars -- New Year's resolution for Jags' fans: Please, make it Tebow Time. Now more than ever.
32. Kansas City Chiefs -- It figures: The year the Chiefs have the first draft pick there's no quarterback worth taking that high.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part