Trestman denies Bears coaching rumor
CHICAGO -- Longtime NFL assistant and current CFL coach Marc Trestman is denying a rumor that the Chicago Bears are set to hire him.
In an email to the Montreal Gazette on Friday, Trestman said he had not heard from the Bears, who fired coach Lovie Smith after the season.
Earlier, Fox analyst and former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson tweeted that it "looks like 2 of my guys getting NFL jobs ... Chud Cleveland and my QB coach at U Trestman to Chicago."
Nine hours later, Johnson tweeted: "It LOOKS like 2 of my guys were getting NFL jobs not that Trestman got it!"
Trestman, who coaches the CFL's Montreal Alouettes, interviewed with the Bears this week. He was on Johnson's staff at Miami in the 1980s.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Packers' Rodgers won't play vs. Cowboys
- Fight leads to stabbings after Broncos game
- Vikes' Peterson questionable vs. Eagles
- Source: Late again, Mincey cut by Jaguars
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- 5th & Ocean Women's Chicago Bears Heather Navy Long Sleeve Shirt