Chargers head coach McCoy adds 2 assistants
SAN DIEGO -- New Chargers head coach Mike McCoy added two more assistants to his staff Wednesday, bringing Ron Milus in from Denver to coach the San Diego secondary and tapping Cleveland's Kent Johnston to serve as strength and conditioning coach.
Milus spent the last two seasons coaching the Broncos' secondary. The Broncos had one of the NFL's best defenses last season and they led the NFL in fewest yards allowed per pass play (6.4).
Johnston was the strength and conditioning coach for the Browns for the past three seasons.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Giants' Wilson (neck) has tests, won't practice
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's San Diego Chargers Navy Succeed Quarter-Zip Jacket