Bears part with WR Knox
The team announced the move on Tuesday.
Knox needed surgery to stabilize a vertebra after he sustained a gruesome back injury against Seattle late in the 2011 season. The Seahawks' Kam Chancellor poked the ball out of his hands following a reception, and as Knox made a diving attempt to retrieve it, he was hit by Anthony Hargrove and bent backward.
Knox had 133 receptions for 2,214 yards from 2009 to 2011 and was a contributor on special teams with 55 kickoff returns for 1,506 yards.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Bengals punter: Big hits are 'part of the game'
- 49ers' fans plan billboard to mock Seattle
- NFL VP on MetLife Super Bowl: 'Let it snow'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Chicago Bears Navy Reversible Defender Jacket