NFL player accused of having gun at NYC airport
Bowers was arraigned Monday on charges of criminal possession of a weapon and posted $10,000 bond. Team officials said Tuesday they won't comment until they have all the facts.
According to authorities, Bowers was arrested at LaGuardia Airport as he was about to board a U.S. Airways flight to Raleigh, N.C. The .40-caliber weapon was found during a search of his carry-on bag.
Efforts to reach his attorney were unsuccessful.
Bowers played college football for Clemson University and was selected by the Buccaneers in the 2011 NFL draft.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rivers, Chargers hand Broncos rare home loss
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
- Megatron to show Elam 'old man's strength'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Coleman Tampa Bay Buccaneers 50-Can Soft-Sided Cooler