Chargers sign free-agent guard Ohrnberger
Heading into his fifth season, he has played in 18 career games and started four.
He was drafted by New England in the fourth round in 2009 out of Penn State. He played in five games his first two seasons with the Patriots, seeing limited time at right guard and on special teams. Ohrnberger spent the 2011 season on injured reserve due to a head injury and was released in February 2012. He signed with Arizona and played in 13 games last year, making two starts at both right guard and center. He suffered a knee injury on Dec. 9 against Seattle and was placed on injured reserve.
Ohrnberger becomes the sixth unrestricted free agent to join the Chargers, and the third offensive lineman.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico NFL San Diego Chargers Embossed Tri-Fold Wallet