Steelers re-sign LB Stevenson Sylvester
Sylvester signed a 1-year deal with the Steelers on Wednesday, giving Pittsburgh some needed depth. The Steelers selected Sylvester in the fifth round of the 2010 NFL draft but he has struggled to make an impact.
The 24-year-old Sylvester has appeared in 41 games during his three seasons, playing primarily on special teams. He has eight career tackles and two forced fumbles but missed six games in 2012 due to a knee problem.
The Steelers are in need of bodies at linebacker after cutting 2008 NFL Defensive Player of the Year James Harrison last month. Pittsburgh is not counting on 2012 third-round pick Sean Spence to be ready anytime soon. Spence severely injured his left knee in Pittsburgh's final preseason game last August.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Colts owner Irsay faces four felony counts
- Revis on joining Pats: 'I just wanted to win'
- Saints bring back RT Strief on five-year deal
- Sources: Seahawks sign Hauschka for $9.1M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Great American Products Pittsburgh Steelers 2-Piece Logo Rocks Glass Set