Agent: WR Hixon agrees to terms with Panthers
Agent Eric Metz said Wednesday his client is "very excited about joining Carolina" and feels it's a "great fit" after spending the last two days visiting with coach Ron Rivera and offensive coordinator Mike Shula.
Metz says Hixon's familiarity with new Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman played a role in his decision. A seven-year NFL veteran, Hixon spent the last five seasons with the New York Giants where Gettleman worked in the pro personnel department.
Hixon started three games last season for the Giants and played in 13, recording 39 receptions for 567 yards receiving and two touchdowns.
He's expected to compete for the No. 3 receiver spot.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Vikes give Rudolph 5-year extension
- Hardy 'hates' being distraction for Panthers
- Cobb: Haven't done enough for new deal
- Jets' Milliner says he is NFL's best cornerback
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Away Game Jersey New York Giants Eli Manning #10