Giants sign DT Mike Patterson
Patterson joins DT Cullen Jenkins, who also was cut in February, in moving from the Eagles to the Giants.
Patterson underwent brain surgery in January 2012, but returned to the Eagles for five games last season. He was diagnosed with a brain malformation in August 2012 after suffering a seizure during a training camp practice.
A first-round draft pick in 2005 out of Southern California, the 29-year-old Patterson played in 115 games with 99 starts. He made 551 tackles, 16 1-2 sacks, had four forced fumbles and seven fumble recoveries.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Belichick: Gronkowski cleared by doctors
- Rams coach: Sam 'absolutely not' distraction
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NFL Team Apparel Boys' New York Giants Team Forward Royal T-Shirt