Jets' Revis must attend workouts to earn bonuses
NEW YORK -- Darrelle Revis needs to participate in the New York Jets' voluntary workouts beginning next week, according to a clause in his contract, to collect $3 million in bonuses he's scheduled to earn.
The star cornerback, the subject of trade rumors, has been rehabilitating his surgically repaired left knee in Arizona, but is expected to report to the team's facility in Florham Park, N.J., for the start of the Jets' offseason conditioning program next week.
ESPN New York first reported on Sunday, according to sources, that the Jets planned to enforce the language in Revis' contract that requires him to participate in the workouts to get the bonus money. It also reported that Revis would prefer to stay in Arizona to continue his rehab, but will join his teammates next Monday.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Away Game Jersey Tampa Bay Buccaneers Darrelle Revis #24