Bengals re-sign RB Bernard Scott
CINCINNATI -- The Bengals have re-signed three players, including reserve running back Bernard Scott, who missed most of last season because of injuries.
The sixth-round draft pick from 2009 has started three games during his four seasons in Cincinnati. Last year, he suffered a hand injury during a preseason practice, then an ankle injury that resulted in him going on the injured reserve list on Oct. 8. He appeared in only two games, carrying eight times for 35 yards.
The Bengals also reached deals with slot receiver Andrew Hawkins and safety Jeromy Miles. Hawkins, who had been tendered as an exclusive rights player, had 51 catches for 533 yards and four touchdowns. Miles, a restricted free agent, was one of the Bengals' top players on special teams.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
- Pack hold off Favre return, afraid of booing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Cincinnati Bengals Black Touchdown Classic 39Thirty Flex Hat