Sanchez suggests Tebow frenzy fueled by Jets
The Jets quarterback says in an interview with FOX Sports Radio in Los Angeles that the media coverage during training camp in Cortland, N.Y., last summer was more intense than usual -- including ESPN camping out for a week -- because of Tebow's popularity.
"I just don't know if it was the best situation for either of us," Sanchez told the "Petros & Money Show" on Wednesday. He adds that "ESPN didn't necessarily sneak in overnight at our training camp. They had to get permission to go."
Sanchez says the distractions could have been avoided, "but he's a popular guy and people gravitate toward the guy."
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel: Made 'rookie mistakes' in offseason
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey New York Jets Mark Sanchez #6 - Extended Sizes