Packers release G Gibbs
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Green Bay Packers have released guard Joe Gibbs.
Gibbs was on the Packers' practice squad for the final six regular-season games and both playoff games last season. The 6-foot-4, 315-pound first-year player out of Tennessee-Martin originally entered the NFL as a non-drafted free agent with the St. Louis Rams in June 2010.
The Packers announced Gibbs' release Monday.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers has idea of status, but not saying
- Sources: Welker not expected back vs. Texans
- Harbaugh: 'Absolutely' want to be with 49ers
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Green Bay Packers Elite Polo