Jets cut 2 after arrests for marijuana possession
The two players, who were signed to reserve-future contracts in January and never played for the Jets, were arrested Monday night in Morristown, N.J., after an officer noticed the vehicle they were in was filled with smoke. According to a release provided by Morristown Police, the officer smelled "burnt marijuana" when the driver rolled down his window.
Davis, 23, and Harris, 22, were released after being served a summons, but a third person, Daniel Godfrey, 21, of Morristown, was charged with marijuana possession, intent to distribute and possessing a loaded handgun. Godfrey was detained at Morris County Correctional Facility in default of $50,000 bail.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings New York Jets Quick Toss Softee Football