Chargers add Wooden, Kelly to front office
SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Chargers have hired JoJo Wooden as director of player personnel and Kevin Kelly as director of college scouting.
Wooden replaces Jimmy Raye, who went to the Indianapolis Colts as vice president of football operations. Wooden spent the past 16 seasons with the New York Jets, including the past six as the assistant director of player personnel.
Kelly replaces John Spanos, who was promoted to executive vice president of football operations.
Kelly spent 2012 as a personnel scout with the Jets. Prior to that, he spent three seasons as an area scout with the Indianapolis Colts and eight seasons as an area scout with the Cleveland Browns. In Indianapolis, he worked with new Chargers general manager Tom Telesco.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Martin on 49ers: 'It's a blank slate for me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Great American Products Indianapolis Colts 60 oz. Clear Glass Pitcher