Woodson meets with Broncos, leaves without deal
The Broncos have roughly $7 million in cap space and could use the veteran ball hawk in their secondary, which was burned for three long touchdown passes in their 38-35 loss to Baltimore in the playoffs.
Woodson, who will be 37 this fall, was waived by the Green Bay Packers in February after missing seven games last season because of a broken right collarbone.
The eight-time Pro Bowl player has 55 career interceptions and 17 sacks, both of which rank second among active defensive backs.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texans RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Salute to Service Game Jersey Oakland Raiders Darren McFadden #20