Bills DE Williams fails to mediate ring dispute
Erin Marzouki's attorney, Tony Buzbee, said in an email that a court-encouraged effort to mediate the dispute was unsuccessful Friday in Houston.
Buzbee also released a series of text messages he says were between his client and Williams, which indicate how despondent the player was over their breakup in November.
The exchange, which Buzbee says he copied off his client's phone, include Williams writing: "No money in the world should leave me with suicidal thoughts."
Messages left with Williams and his attorney weren't returned.
Williams sued Marzouki, demanding she return the ring because she broke off the engagement.
Marzouki counter-sued, accusing Williams of the break up.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Ravens RB Rice suspended 2 games
- Falcons agree with WR White on 4-year deal
- Suspended WR Blackmon arrested for pot
- Source: Gordon to appeal suspension Aug. 1
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Buffalo Bills Mario Williams #94