Cowboys sign 2nd-round pick, only 1st-rounder left
With Escobar's deal Friday, the only of the team's seven draft picks unsigned is Travis Frederick. The Wisconsin center was selected 31st overall.
Escobar, the 47th overall pick in April, played 39 career games for San Diego State. He had 122 catches for 1,646 yards and 17 touchdowns in college, with 42 catches for 543 yards and six TDs last season.
Dallas has perennial Pro Bowl tight end Jason Witten, who led the Cowboys last season with 110 catches for 1,039 and three TDs. James Hanna, a sixth-round pick last year, caught eight passes for 86 yards as a rookie.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Source: Giants physical for Rodgers-Cromartie
- Ex-Seahawks CB Thurmond signs with Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Toddler Away Game Jersey Dallas Cowboys Jason Witten #82