Dallas DA: Brent's failed drug tests unsurprising
DALLAS -- The Dallas County district attorney says he's not surprised that Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent failed two drug tests while out on bond facing an intoxication manslaughter charge.
Brent was charged after a December car crash that killed practice squad player Jerry Brown. Court records show his bond was revoked after he tested positive twice for marijuana.
District Attorney Craig Watkins told KRLD-FM last week that it's clear to him that Brent is struggling with addiction. Watkins says that Brent "still uses alcohol and illicit drugs," and he wants him jailed for the crash.
Those comments drew protests from Brent's attorney, George Milner, who on Tuesday called them inappropriate. Milner says he'll ask a judge to force Watkins to comply with ethics rules.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Martin on 49ers: 'It's a blank slate for me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Dallas Cowboys Merchandising Women's Dallas Cowboys Navy Practice T-Shirt