Jaguars WR Justin Blackmon has groin surgery
Blackmon, who was limited during last month's three-day minicamp because of a nagging groin injury, had surgery recently but could be back in time for training camp. The Jaguars report July 25 and begin on-field work the next day.
Blackmon led the Jaguars with 64 receptions for 865 yards and five touchdowns last year.
He has been suspended for the first four games of the 2013 season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse program. He is eligible, though, to play in the team's four preseason games, the first one against Miami on Aug. 9.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Jacksonville Jaguars Justin Blackmon #14