Eagles' Peters settles injury lawsuit for $2M
The lawsuit says Peters was using a Roll-A-Bout knee walker in March 2012 when it broke below the handlebar, three weeks after his initial surgery.
Lawyer Michael Trunk says Peters had to endure a second operation because of the setback. He missed the entire season.
Trunk says the product was sold for patients weighing up to 500 pounds, while Peters was listed at 340.
Lawyer Elizabeth Underwood, who represents the company, declined comment Wednesday. The suit was filed in federal court in Philadelphia.
Trunk says the 31-year-old Pro Bowler is eager to move past the lawsuit and focus on football.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Snyder won't intervene with RG III
- Rodgers experiencing pain, status uncertain
- Study: Hits to the head still prevalent in NFL
- Marshall: Cowboys were beat before game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Philadelphia Eagles NFL Classic Team Football Keychain