Chiefs sign CB McIlwain, OT Tepper for camp
McIlwain entered the league as an undrafted free agent with the Falcons in 2011. He spent his rookie year on the Saints' practice squad before being released last year, and then signed with the Panthers, where he spent time on their practice squad.
The Chiefs are mostly set in the defensive backfield, though they did lose rookie safety Sanders Commings to a broken collarbone on the first day of camp.
The 6-foot-6, 354-pound Tepper has bounced through Dallas and Indianapolis, where he played in six games and made four starts last season.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- NFL placing trackers in pads to enhance stats
- Steelers' Brown rips Sanders' QB comments
- Colts' Thomas needs quad surgery
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Atlanta Falcons Steven Jackson #39