Chiefs sign OG Watkins, release OL Tepper
Watkins was scheduled to work out with the Chiefs for the first time Saturday.
The 6-foot-4, 338-pound Watkins was drafted in the fifth round by the St. Louis Rams last year. He appeared in one game before an ankle injury cut short his rookie season.
He was recently waived after reportedly arriving at Rams camp overweight and out of shape, and will miss the first game of this season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.
Tepper, who hadn't appeared in an NFL game in two years, joined the Chiefs earlier this week.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chiefs sign Charles to contract extension
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Suggs wants Flacco to be more vocal leader
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Kansas City Chiefs Chiseled Legend Red T-Shirt