Ex-Buccaneers nose tackle Chartric Darby arrested
The Pasco County Sheriff's office says an officer responded to a call about an argument at Darby's home in Land O'Lakes. Darby's wife told police they started arguing when she wanted to leave to take care of some things and Darby pushed her in the chest.
Darby told police he had been arguing but it was not physical. The officer did not see any marks or redness on Darby's wife, but he was arrested based on her statement.
They have been married 11 years and have three children together.
Darby was the starting nose tackle for Tampa Bay's Super Bowl win in 2002. He also played for Seattle and Detroit.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Ravens CB Smith arrested after bar incident
- Browns' Haden: Cleveland title race is on
- Report: DEA looking into NFL painkiller use
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers Embroidered Tri-Fold Wallet