Jets cut WR White and CB Crocker, sign RB Madu
The team also announced Sunday night it signed wide receiver Michael Campbell and center Erik Cook.
White was a seventh-round draft pick last year, and was released on an injury settlement after missing the Jets' scrimmage Saturday night. He has a history of injuries, dating to his college days at Michigan State. Crocker had an interception, but also allowed a touchdown Saturday.
Madu adds depth to the Jets' thin running back corps, which is without Chris Ivory (hamstring), Joe McKnight (concussion-like symptoms) and Mike Goodson (personal reasons). Madu spent the last two seasons with Tampa Bay, and has 55 yards rushing in nine NFL games.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Belichick: Gronkowski cleared by doctors
- Falcons WR Jones cleared for training camp
- Bills' Dareus back in camp, wants to earn trust
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's New York Jets Green Brilliant Polo