Mathis, Freeney contend with offseason break up
(Eds: APNewsNow. With AP Photos.)
By MICHAEL MAROT
AP Sports Writer
During that time, they won a Super Bowl, went to four Pro Bowls, combined for nearly 200 sacks and became one of the NFL's most feared pass-rushing tandems. They also became best friends.
So when training camp opened with Mathis in Indy and Freeney now in San Diego, it seemed strange.
This is a season that will be filled with firsts, including the first time either gets a chance to take former teammate Peyton Manning to the ground, and the first time they will be on opposite sidelines when they're reunited in October.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Mo' money: NFL teams split $6B in revenue
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- NFL supplemental draft passes without a pick
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Peyton Manning Broncos Jersey Mural Wall Graphic