Bills QB Kolb excused after death in his family
The team made the announcement Monday afternoon, a few hours before the Bills were scheduled to hold a scrimmage.
It's unclear whether Kolb would have been able to take part in the scrimmage. He's been listed day to day since hurting his left knee while slipping on a rubber mat during practice Saturday.
Kolb signed with Buffalo in free agency in April. The seventh-year player is competing with rookie first-round draft pick EJ Manuel for the starting job.
The Bills have a day off Tuesday, and return to practice Wednesday to prepare for their preseason opener at Indianapolis on Sunday.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- Redskins S Jackson banned indefinitely again
- Mathieu advice to Gordon: Pick yourself up
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Buffalo Bills Women's Rhinestone Designer Sunglasses