Ravens TE Ed Dickson suffers tear in hamstring
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore tight end Ed Dickson has a slight tear in his hamstring and will be sidelined for at least a week.
Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Monday that Dickson is expected back by the first week of the regular season.
The Ravens are already thin at the tight end position after losing Dennis Pitta to a season-ending hip injury earlier in training camp.
Dickson had just 21 catches last year, but he had 54 catches for 528 yards and five touchdowns in 2011.
Harbaugh says the Raves are going to hold Dickson "back for about a week or so and see where we're at and try to get him healthy. It's going to be a matter of time, but it's not going to be a long time."
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Party Animal Baltimore Ravens Applique Banner Flag