Ravens cut TE Shiancoe, who signed last month
Shiancoe signed on July 28 after the Ravens lost tight end Dennis Pitta with a dislocated and fractured hip. The 33-year-old Shiancoe caught five passes in the preseason.
The addition of free agent Dallas Clark earlier this month made Shiancoe expendable.
Other cuts Sunday included offensive linemen Ramon Harewood and Jack Cornell; wide receivers Tommy Streeter, Rashaad Carter and Gerrard Sheppard; linebackers Bryan Hall and Meshak Williams and cornerback Mo Lee.
Linebacker Adrian Hamilton was placed on injured reserve.
The Ravens also signed quarterback Dayne Crist, who will serve as a backup in the preseason finale because second-stringer Tyrod Taylor has been undergoing concussion tests.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Ravens CB Smith arrested after bar incident
- Browns' Haden: Cleveland title race is on
- Report: DEA looking into NFL painkiller use
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Baltimore Ravens Of the City Purple Deep V-Neck T-Shirt