Steelers LB Jarvis Jones OK after chest scare
Jones says he fell on the football weird while being tackled after making an interception in last Saturday's game against Kansas City. Jones says the wind was knocked out of him on the play. He was sent to the hospital as a precaution before being discharged on Sunday.
Jones says it's too early to tell if he'll be available to play in the preseason finale against Carolina. While Jones is listed second on the depth chart at outside linebacker behind Jason Worilds, Jones has played extensively during the preseason and been involved in a turnover in each of Pittsburgh's three games.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Suspended WR Blackmon arrested for pot
- RG III: Good having coaches 'believe in you'
- Source: Gordon to appeal suspension Aug. 1
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fremont Die Pittsburgh Steelers 12" Helmet Magnet