Giants backup RB Andre Brown breaks leg
He limped off the field against the New England Patriots after a 3-yard run late in the first half Thursday night. He then walked slowly to the locker room, where X-rays showed a broken leg.
Brown rushed for 385 yards last season, second most on the team, before breaking his leg in November. He led the Giants with eight touchdowns on the ground as the backup to Ahmad Bradshaw. With Bradshaw now with the Indianapolis Colts, Brown was the backup to David Wilson, who rushed six times for 37 yards in the first half.
Brown had two carries for 4 yards.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Falcons WR Jones cleared for training camp
- Bills' Dareus back in camp, wants to earn trust
- Dungy seeks to clarify Sam comments
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead David Wilson Wall Graphic