Jaguars: QB Gabbert on pace to return for opener
Gabbert, recovering from a hairline fracture in his right thumb, is squeezing the football and could throw some passes this weekend.
Bradley says Gabbert is "going to be in some pain, though, so we'll have to manage that and just see ... how much pain he's feeling and what he can do. Is it a pain that he can tolerate and really be effective? If I see that, then I think that we would go with him."
Gabbert, the 10th overall pick in 2011, beat out Henne for the starting job in training camp.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Ravens CB Smith arrested after bar incident
- Browns' Haden: Cleveland title race is on
- Report: DEA looking into NFL painkiller use
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Jacksonville Jaguars Blaine Gabbert #11