Bills release QB Leinart after less than a week
The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the Bills have not announced the move.
Leinart, 30, joined the Bills on Sunday as an injury replacement. The former first-round pick struggled in his only game with the Bills on Thursday night against Detroit, completing 3 of 10 passes for 11 yards and two interceptions.
The move was the latest setback for Leinart, a former Heisman Trophy winner. Leinart has been unable to establish himself in the NFL following a standout college career at Southern California. He has had stints with four different teams over the past eight years.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico NFL Buffalo Bills Deluxe Grill Cover