Rams coach Fisher squelches rumors of USC job
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher squelched talk he might be in line to be the next coach at Southern California, where he played in college.
After practice Wednesday, Fisher called the speculation "absurd." He joked when first asked about USC whether that meant South Carolina.
Fisher is in the second year of a five-year contract with the Rams, who won the season opener for the first time since 2006.
USC coach Lane Kiffin is feeling pressure after a 10-7 loss to Washington State. Kiffin is in his fourth season at USC (1-1), which was knocked out of the Top 25 after getting held to 198 yards.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texans RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Riddell St. Louis Rams Ultimate Hand