Browns QB Brian Hoyer injures knee vs. Bills
After being flushed from the pocket, Hoyer gained 11 yards on a run before he got his leg caught underneath while being tackled. He stayed down for several moments before he was helped to a trainer's table and then limped to the locker room under his own power for tests and treatment.
Hoyer has won two straight starts since replacing Brandon Weeden as Cleveland's starter. A lifelong Browns fans, Hoyer was trying to become the first QB in team history to win his first three starts.
Weeden, who started Cleveland's first two games, replaced Hoyer and threw a pair of incompletions.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fremont Die Cleveland Browns 8" Helmet Magnet