Bills cut P Powell following loss to Cleveland
The Bills announced the move Friday. Powell struggled in angling punts away from Cleveland's Travis Benjamin, who returned seven punts for a franchise-record 179 yards, including a 79-yard touchdown return.
Powell was coming off a week in which he shanked two punts in a 23-20 win over Baltimore. Against Cleveland, he finished with a 23.1 yards-per-punt net for Buffalo (2-3), and failed to land one inside the Browns' 20.
Before traveling to Cleveland, Powell had expressed concern to The Associated Press about his status on the team.
Powell was in his second year in Buffalo. He took over after the Bills cut veteran Brian Moorman four weeks into last season.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
- Pack hold off Favre return, afraid of booing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Buffalo Bills Sideline Authentic 59Fifty Royal Fitted Hat