Raiders sign OL Cornell from practice squad
ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders have promoted offensive lineman Jack Cornell from the practice squad to the active roster.
To make room for Cornell the Raiders waived guard Antoine McClain on Saturday.
Cornell spent the previous three weeks on the Raiders practice squad after signing with the team on Sept. 11. Cornell is an undrafted free agent out of Illinois who spend last season on Baltimore's practice squad.
Oakland did not add receiver Andre Holmes to the active roster for Sunday's game against San Diego. Holmes missed the first games after testing positive for performance enhancing drugs. The Raiders have a roster exemption for Holmes and must decide by Monday whether to add him to the roster or cut him.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles
- Sources: Revis, Pats agree to 1-year deal
- Source: Ware, Broncos agree to $30M deal
- Jets agree with WR Decker to bolster offense
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Great American Products Oakland Raiders 2-Piece GameBall Coffee Mug Set