Bears DT Collins to miss rest of season
Coach Marc Trestman says Collins tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee and that the recovery will take eight months. He was injured rushing Drew Brees during the third quarter of Sunday's loss to the New Orleans Saints.
Trestman says Collins will have surgery soon in Pensacola, Fla.
Nose tackle Stephen Paea is also dealing with a toe injury that kept him out of Sunday's game.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texans RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Jr. Drew Brees Wall Graphic