Former agent of LB Dumervil disciplined by NFLPA
The NFLPA Committee on Agent Regulation and Discipline imposed a six-month suspension of Marty Magid's certification as an NFLPA contract adviser and levied a $25,000 fine.
The committee determined that the "negligence of Magid" contributed to the events that led to the Dumervil's release from Denver.
Dumervil became a free agent after Magid was late in delivering the paperwork by fax accepting a reduction in salary. The Broncos had no choice but to release Dumervil, who signed with the Baltimore Ravens.
Dumervil fired Magid after the fax issue.
Magid has the right to appeal the disciplinary measures before an arbitrator.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Source: Giants physical for Rodgers-Cromartie
- Ex-Seahawks CB Thurmond signs with Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Baltimore Ravens Elvis Dumervil #58