Cowboys rookie safety Wilcox out with knee injury
IRVING, Texas -- Dallas rookie safety J.J. Wilcox will miss Sunday's game against Detroit after injuring his right knee in practice.
Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones says Wilcox's injury is similar to the sprained ligament that has sidelined running back DeMarco Murray, who is questionable after missing last week's game in Philadelphia.
Defensive end DeMarcus Ware is doubtful with a strained right quadriceps a week after his streak of 134 straight games ended. He had never missed a game in his career.
Receiver Miles Austin is questionable with a hamstring problem.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Away Game Jersey Dallas Cowboys Miles Austin #19