Reports: John Fox needs heart operation
DENVER -- Broncos coach John Fox needs heart surgery and will miss several weeks, team spokesman Patrick Smyth confirmed Saturday night.
Fox will undergo aortic valve replacement surgery early next week at a hospital in Charlotte, N.C.
Fox had been told earlier about his heart condition and had met with his surgeon over the weekend during the Broncos' bye. He had been hoping to put off the operation until February.
That changed when the 58-year-old Fox was hospitalized after becoming dizzy playing golf near his offseason home Saturday.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
Follow AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Vikes give Rudolph 5-year extension
- Hardy 'hates' being distraction for Panthers
- Cobb: Haven't done enough for new deal
- Jets' Milliner says he is NFL's best cornerback
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Northwest Denver Broncos Logo Twin/Full Comforter Set