Falcons RB Snelling arrested on marijuana charge
Winder Police Officer Chris Cooper says Snelling was arrested early Friday morning following a traffic stop. Cooper says officers pulled over Snelling's SUV after noticing it weaving and crossing the center line. Cooper says officers smelled marijuana inside the vehicle and determined Snelling did not have a valid driver's license or insurance.
The Falcons said in a statement the team was "aware of the situation concerning Jason Snelling and are in the process of gathering additional information." The team declined further comment, calling it an ongoing legal matter.
Cooper says Snelling was taken to the Barrow County Detention Center and released after posting bond.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Ravens CB Smith arrested after bar incident
- Browns' Haden: Cleveland title race is on
- Report: DEA looking into NFL painkiller use
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- WinCraft Atlanta Falcons Premium Quality Pennant