Jets' Evander Kane sued over alleged assault
Vancouver resident Lev Makievsky says he was downtown and returning home from work Aug. 10, 2013, when he was assaulted by Kane. The player is from Vancouver.
Makievsky says he sustained a concussion and has "permanent physical disability." He's seeking unspecified damages.
A statement of claim was filed on Makievsky's behalf last week. There is no statement of defense.
The Jets had no comment.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
- Maple Leafs sign Winnik to 1-year contract
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Winnipeg Jets 14'' Neon Clock