Wife of former Shark Dominic Moore dies
The Sharks say Katie Moore died Monday after a nine-month battle with liver cancer.
Dominic Moore missed San Jose's final two playoff games last April to be with his wife shortly after she was diagnosed with a rare form of liver cancer.
Dominic Moore was acquired by San Jose last February in a deal with Tampa Bay. He is currently an unrestricted free agent.
The Sharks offered their condolences to the Moore family and called Katie Moore's courage during the illness an inspiration.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's San Jose Sharks Black Alternate Replica Jersey