Devils name defenseman Bryce Salvador captain
Salvador replaces Zach Parise, who signed with Minnesota as a free agent after last season.
Salvador, who signed a three-year, $9.5 million pact in July, had four goals and 14 points in the postseason after a regular season in which he failed to find the net once. He teamed up with Marek Zidlicky to form the Devils' top defensive pairing.
Salvador played all 82 regular-season games for the Devils last season, a year after missing the entire season with a rare, inner-ear concussion.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Minnesota Wild Zach Parise #11 Red Cyber Name and Number T-Shirt